The Great Bike Hike
The Group's most ambitious project followed an intrepid group of cyclists en route as they journeyed from Perth to Broome in 2012
The Group is the proud sponsor and partner organisation of The Great Bike Hike - supporting projects for the benefit of people with disability and mental illness in local communities en route from Perth to Broome Sunday 19th August to Saturday 15th September 2012.
This major project incorporates principles of the Disability Services Commission initiative 'Count Me In' Future Directions Strategy launched in 2009. "The strategy is of critical importance to developing a Western Australia which embraces and enacts the vision for all people to live in welcoming communities that facilitate citizenship, friendship, mutual support and a fair go for everyone"
The Great Bike Hike forged a trail of positive community events to enhance inclusion, awareness and facilities for people with a disability as the intrepid group of cyclists made their way through townships between Perth and Broome.
The 'Hike' provided a focal point for townships along its length to celebrate their achievement of specific projects for the benefit of people with a disability in the community.
For further information, visit The Great Bike Hike website, download the brochure, or download the book.
- Out There Exhibition A Success Wednesday, November 12, 2014
- Maurice Embley honoured as a Rotary Paul Harris Fellow Thursday, September 25, 2014
- 2013 Count Me In Awards - Count Me In Award for an Individual Winner: Bevan Dellar, Canning Vale –The Great Bike Hike Thursday, December 05, 2013
- Rotary Club of Swan Valley Pride of Workmanship Awards Dinner Monday, April 29, 2013
- Presentation to Mark LeFlohic Saturday, February 16, 2013