Making a residence more welcoming, appealing, interesting and enjoyable by providing additional amenities & furnishings.
The aim of this project is to provide additional equipment and furnishings which are not supplied by accommodation providers as part of normal landlord arrangements. This helps to make the place of residence more welcoming, appealing, interesting and enjoyable.
In essence, the project fulfils the diverse but possibly unmet areas of need in physical, psychological, visual and interactive areas of residents' daily lives.
These needs have been based upon:
- innovativeness - because of space etc
- understanding of either individual or collective needs
- reflection of personalities, moods and lifestyle
- creation of a feeling of greater comfort and warmth
Examples of some of the items that have been provided in the past are
- outdoor furniture and audio equipment
- wall prints
- plants (see Sensory Gardens project)
- board games etc and associated tables
- indoor furniture - including that to meet special needs
- audio visual equipment
- special furniture eg beds etc
- painting of rooms