Jim Cairns and Rex Baker, from The Ride, took on Australasian Safari 2014, the same event during which Jim was involved in the accident that resulted in his incomplete paraplegia.
Fairholme DSG is proud to be supporting this event and encourage you to donate. Full information about this event is on Against the Grain's website, The action begins in September, and we'll be able to follow progress on the website thanks to Spot GPS tracking.
The Australasian Safari is a grueling seven-day off-road event for motorbikes, quad bikes, 4WD and side-by-side vehicles covering more than 3500km of the Western Australian outback. Attracting competitors from across the globe, the event is not for the feint-hearted as the terrain is rugged with a great variety of geographical challenges requiring peak endurance from its competitors.
Jim and Rex will compete in the side-by-side vehicles category, with Jim as the first with his disability to participate in the category. Although Jim relies on a wheelchair, this had not impeded his ability to compete or determination to inspire all people to chase their dreams.
As the last ever Australasian Safari to be held in Western Australia, this is the team’s final opportunity to cross its finish line.
- Out There Exhibition A Success Wednesday, November 12, 2014
- And they’re off… Thursday, September 25, 2014
- Minister and Patron support for the Australian Safari Thursday, September 25, 2014
- Jim says ‘Make my day, Don’t take my bay’ Thursday, September 25, 2014
- “Against the Grain inspires me!” – Cody Crocker, international rally driver Friday, August 22, 2014