Assisting people with disability, mental illness and/or families and carers to speak out, make their concerns known and/or make their own informed choices.
To assist people with disability, mental illness and/or families and carers to speak out, make their concerns known and make their own choices. This includes (but is not limited to) participation in community life.
The project is structured to develop and implement a range of targeted strategies and activities to remove barriers or structures, while positively influencing responsiveness in people with disability.
Benefits for people with disabilities, mental illness and/or their families and carers
- sources available assistance and current information on services and resources
- gives advice as to the appropriate agencies and services
- provides encouragement to individuals and/or groups, to self advocate in part or in full
- allows a voice for those with a disability to lobby for positive change
- offers outcomes to be achieved by the reaching of understanding and agreed actions by all.